What is PTO?
PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. ... Our goals are to encourage interaction between family and school, serve as a source of support, and work with teachers, staff, and the community at large to improve our children's educational experience. The PTO works closely with the school administration to meet this goal.
WE NEED YOU!
The Soulsbyville PTO needs you! Parent participation and input is essential. When you participate you have a voice in what events PTO holds or sponsors, and help to make decisions about monies earned. We hold semi-monthly meetings to plan and discuss future events, review past events and to take input from all that attend. Meetings last an hour or less. Board members are all volunteers and board members can be parents or teachers of our school.
CRITICAL to the organization are volunteers to help organize/run the many events that we have throughout the year. These are not huge commitments and giving your time to even one event makes the load lighter for all. Please consider attending monthly meetings, volunteering or even becoming a board member (no special skill or understanding of ‘boards and bylaws’ is necessary).
What are some of the events that we hold to support the school, help the children and to foster family/school spirit?
- Annual jog-a-thon--this is our biggest fundraiser; it encourages school spirit, healthy choices/exercise, and the monies earned each year are earmarked for different school needs.
- Santa’s Secret Shop--gives the children a chance to go shopping for Christmas presents for gifts all $5 and under; they are wrapped and ready to go under the Christmas tree. This is a huge event for the children!
- Family Skate Nights--held at High Country Sports Arena
- Father Daughter Dance--time to ‘kick-off the shoes’ and ‘shake a leg’ with Daddy’s Little Girl(s)
- Muffins in March
- Family Fun Nights--just what it implies, time to have fun with your family and school staff
- Ice Cream Socials
- Grandparents’ Day/Graduation/Back-to-School Night
- Contests (for fun and/or fundraising)
- Teacher Appreciation Events,
- Graduation events